Speed Up Your Internet
Government Supports Online Learning During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Cogeco: discounted high-speed cable Internet and unlimited data usage.
- Eastlink: discounted high-speed cable Internet and unlimited data usage.
- iLeague Wireless: 4G/LTE wireless data-only plans at bulk rates on Rogers and Telus networks
- Kajeet: cellular (4G/LTE) school bus and student Wi-Fi “hotspots” with Internet access via the Bell and Rogers networks.
- Shaw Communications: has opened up all of their 1,800 Wi-Fi hotspots in Northern Ontario for free to the public during COVID-19.
- Xplornet: discounted 4G/LTE residential Internet connections and unlimited data usage.
Visit online for more resources and information:
Speed up your current internet
Before upgrading or shopping for internet, take stock of what you need to study or teach from home. Ask yourself questions such as, “how many people in your home will be using the internet at once?” and “what types of activities are you doing online?” to make sure that you are not paying for more internet speed than you need.
If you already have internet access at your home, but it’s not as fast as you would like, there are a few tips and tricks that you can try before paying more for faster internet.
- If you do research online, make sure you are using the best web browser.
- If you use fiber internet, try updating your modem and router.
- If you need to stream lessons online, check out these tips for improving your streaming quality.
- If your internet is just generally slow, try these tips for improving your internet speed.