Hamilton Street Railway (HSR) Bus Pass
Returning students are reminded to keep the PRESTO card that was issued by the Campus Store, onto which the GSA/HSR bus pass is loaded. Students will keep using the same card in future years.
Starting August 20 2018, a voucher code will appear in MOSAIC, which will be used by students to upload the next year’s bus pass to the existing card.
To access the voucher code on Mosaic click on the HSR Bus Pass tile containing your voucher code. Follow the instructions to load your HSR Bus Pass onto your card. Your PRESTO card must be registered to redeem the voucher.
The voucher load may take up to 24 hours to be processed. You must then tap onto an HSR bus within 45 days for your voucher to function. Failure to tap your card within 45 days will discontinue the HSR Bus Pass functionality and you will need to contact PRESTO to have your voucher reinstated.
Your 2017-2018 Bus Pass is still valid until August 31, 2018, and you may continue to use it even after loading your 2018-2019 Bus Pass onto your card.
New Eligible Students: Starting August 18, all eligible NEW students can pick up their free blank PRESTO cards at the campus store- you must present your valid McMaster Student ID card to receive your Presto card.
The Address of the campus stores are as follows:
- All faculties except Health Science Students– Pick up in the Campus Store Location Gilmour Hall B101
- Faculty of Health Science Students – Pick up in the Health Sciences Campus Store, HSC 1G1
RESTRICTIONS OF NEW STUDENTS
Students cannot start using their 2018/19 Bus Pass/Presto cards until Sept 1, 2018. Use prior to this date will cause PRESTO “My Account” to be in a negative balance.
- THEREFORE, between August 23 – 31, Students only need to show their Student ID card to the HSR bus driver to board the bus.
What students are NOT ELIGIBLE for the HSR bus pass?
- Engineering Co-op Students
- Part-Time Graduate Studies (Including Visiting students)
- MBA (all)
- Divinity (all)